Visiting Team Guidelines
If we fail to adhere to these rules or show blatant disregard then it is very likely we may either have ice cancelled on our association or Phase 3 will be cancelled. Please ensure everyone takes this seriously. Any violation of SFHA policies or facility policies will be reported to the PCAHA.
Hello Visiting Team, and welcome back to hockey
We've entered into Phase 3 Protocol, effective October 14, 2020. As exciting as this time is we want to prepare you with everything you need in order to make your visit to a Surrey Falcon hosted event go as smooth as possible while keeping it safe. It is advised that you review this page each and every time your team is attending one of our events because information is changing on a daily basis and we don't want you to be caught off guard with an unexpected policy change.
Tips for Success
Plan For The Event
In preparation for your visit we have prepared a cheat sheet of questions and if you can answer all of them by the time you're done here you'll be well prepared.
- What facility is the event being held at?
- How many participants are permitted at that facility?
- What is that make-up of participants permitted? (i.e. how many coaches? How many players? Does the number include spectators?)
- How much time before the start of the event should your team arrive?
- How much time before the start of the event will the facility permit your team entry? What is the policy around being late?
- What screening, registration or other types of documentation are required? How do you complete these and who are they submitted to?
- What is the process for entering and exiting facilities?
- Are players allowed to dress inside the arena or do they need to come dressed? Are hockey bags allowed into the rink? Are there water bottle fill stations available? Are player or public washrooms available?
- Where can spectators (if allowed) watch from?
- What rules does your team and spectators need to follow while in the facility?
- Have you shared ALL of this information with your team?
Before Leaving For The Event
- Complete any required documentation.
- Familiarize yourself with the Facility Guidelines (arrival process, entry process, policies while in the facility and the exit process).
Arriving At The Event
- Know where you’re expected to gather?
- Know who you’re expected to register with?
Entering The Facility
- Have your team gathered in the designated area, spaced 2 meters apart.
- Follow the entry process as defined for the facility.
While In The Facility
- Stay in the permitted designated areas as directed by the SFHA Health Check person.
- Follow the facility guidelines.
Exiting The Facility
- Follow the facility's guidelines for exiting.
Surrey Female Hockey Association Guidelines
Authorized Facility Attendance for Visiting Teams:
Number of Participants: 23
Participants may include: Players, Coaches, Team Moms, HCSP, Team Manager or Spectators
City of Surrey Arena Guidelines
Effective October 13, 2020 the City of Surrey Arena Operations will enter Phase 3 of the Return to Sport Plan under the following conditions:
In accordance with the September 18, 2020 Provincial Health Order no more than 50 people are permitted to an event. Each arena is an event, so for example, no more than 50 people would be permitted into Arena #1 at NSSIC, no more than 50 people would be permitted in Arena #2, no more than 50 people would be permitted on Arena #3.
Entering The Rink
- Everyone must show up at least 30 mins prior to ice time. All participants will be let in 10 minutes prior to their ice time.
- Players are still required to come dressed in gear except for helmets and skates.
- Hockey bags are still not allowed in the facility with the exception of Goalies. Backpacks and small tote bags are allowed as usual.
- At the 10 minute mark prior to the game a Surrey Falcon Health Check Person will lead the visiting team to their dressing rooms.
- Doors will be locked once everyone has entered the facility. Any players or team officials arriving late will not be allowed in the building.
- Visiting teams must complete a Facility attendance and SFHA Event Screening Form – this sheet can accessed from the SFHA website under the COVID-19 tab or via the direct link https://screening.surreyfalcons.ca
- Masks are mandatory for all visiting Team officials inside any City of Surrey facility. Coaches must wear the masks on the bench.
- The visiting team will be assigned two dressing rooms. A max of 10 players are allowed in each dressing room. A Team pregame talk can be held on the bench but not in the dressing rooms.
- A Falcon Health Check Person will instruct each visiting team where to stand outside the facility and will ensure social distancing is maintained.
- When approved by the facility staff the Surrey Health Check Person will lead the visiting team into the rink and to their appointed dressing rooms.
- Washrooms inside the dressing rooms should be open for players. All team officials must use the washrooms located outside of the dressing rooms.
- Masks are mandatory and must be worn by all participants entering any facility. All coaches and team officials must wear their masks at all times while in any Surrey Facility.
Exiting The Rink
- Once the ice session is complete the Health Check Person will gather the visiting team members keeping each person socially distanced. The Health Check Person will then wait for an Arena Attendant to meet them and advise the Health Check Person when they can lead them out of the building as one group.
- If a player or team official has to leave the building to retrieve something from outside then the Health Check Person will meet with the Arena attendant to ask for permission to leave and to return to the facility. No one should be leaving the facility without notifying the Arena attendant.
Planet Ice Delta (GPF) Guidelines
Entering The Rink
Everyone must show up at least 30 mins prior to ice time. All participants will be let in 10 minutes prior to their ice time.
Players can get dressed at the arena however it is still recommended to come partially or fully dressed as you will have limited time in the dressing rooms.
Hockey bags are allowed in the facility.
At the 15 minute mark prior to the game a Surrey Falcon Health Check Person or a GPF attendant will notify the team that they can enter the building.
Visiting teams must complete a Facility attendance and SFHA Event Screening Form – this sheet can accessed from the SFHA website under the COVID-19 tab or via the direct link https://screening.surreyfalcons.ca
Masks are mandatory for all visiting Team officials inside GPF. Coaches must wear the masks on the bench.
The visiting team will be assigned two dressing rooms. A max of 11 players are allowed in each dressing room. A Team pregame talk can be held on the bench but no in the dressing rooms.
A Falcon Health Check Person will instruct each visiting team where to stand outside the facility and will ensure social distancing is maintained.
When approved by the facility staff the Surrey Health Check Person will advise when the visiting team can enter the building, which as well as the ice sheet
Exiting The Rink
- Follow the markings for the exit path.