There are several rinks with several interpretations of the PHO. Most have taken this route that teams and Team Officials are not required to provide “proof of vaccination”. Where possible, teams may accommodate unvaccinated parents in Team Official roles, if the rink/facility rules allow an exception (see each rink’s guidelines below). Teams, Coaches, other Team officials, and Developers need to be aware of the rink rules and our responsibilities.
Self assessments through the BC Thrive are the only requirements and you will see this in the TeamSnap Health Check. Players & Team Officials must complete this through TeamSnap. Refer to the email sent Sept 5, about the process of what to do if you screened positive.
GSL- Planet Ice sheets – Vaccination status is not required for any person attending Minor Hockey events.
- Canadian, American & International – 100 Spectators
- Legends – 50 Spectators
- Other GSL/Planet Ice rinks – see attachment
CANLAN – minor hockey team officials and players are exempt – spectators aged 12 and older must provide proof of vaccination. Rink capacity is site specific. Please see this CANLAN news post for further details including an FAQ.
Excellent Ice – players born 2002-2020 do not need vaccination proof if in youth sports. I need clarification if that is for team officials. https://excellentice.com/covid-19-statement/
City of Surrey – all Spectators and teams are exempt for practices and tryouts. GAMES require proof of vaccinations for all Spectators 12 and over. Our teams will be responsible to verify the vaccination status as per the City at the front door. We cannot retain copies (ever) but we can with the permission of the spectator note that they are vaccinated. All Team Officials, refs, score keeper, timekeeper, team moms, managers, and vaccine scanners are not required to be vaccinated. City is stating: There may be auditing and/or visual checks periodically to ensure all groups are following the requirements.
- Cloverdale Arena – 125 Spectators
- North Surrey Sport and Ice Complex:
- Arena 1 – 50 Spectators
- Arena 2 – 125 Spectators
- Arena 3 – 50 Spectators
- South Surrey Arena – 600 Spectators
- Surrey Sport and Leisure Complex:
- Arena 1 – 50 Spectators
- Arena 2 – 50 Spectators
- Arena 3 – 125 Spectators
The City of New Westminster and Burnaby have taken the same approach as GSL group, as per the PHO, and we are encouraging the City of Surrey to do the same.
Coaches and Team Officials need to be made aware that all rinks may not have the same interpretations of the order, and if they are not vaccinated or do not have proof they risk not being permitted to enter the facility.
What is considered “Proof of Vaccination”?
From September 13 to September 26
Along with a government-issued photo ID, we will accept the following as proof of vaccination:
- Wallet-sized immunization record card (given out at vaccine clinics)
- Printed immunization record from Health Gateway
- Immunization record from your pharmacy (AstraZeneca/SII COVISHIELD)
- National Defence Canada COVID-19 vaccine record or card
- Provincial Immunization Registry record (used by Interior Health and others)
- ImmunizeBC record (used by First Nations Health Authority and others)
- Health authority immunization records: Fraser Health, Vancouver Coastal Health, Northern Health
After September 26
Along with a government-issued photo ID, you will be required to show your BC Vaccine Card. After the 27th, only the official Provincial Vaccine Card will be accepted.