This year in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the SFHA Executive are conscious of the challenges that face many of our families. As a result, the executive have decided to offer a more flexible payment plan that hopefully eases any financial burden or stress that families may be experiencing. We know that the 2020/21 season will be different, but until more detailed direction is given from BC Hockey, we don’t know how different. Any restrictions may impact the cost of Registration for the upcoming season which will need to be addressed by our association once more detailed direction is given from BC Hockey. In the meantime we encourage all players to register in a timely manner so that we can continue planning for a great season.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR U11, U13 & U15 REGISTRANTS
Registration for U11 players is full, but there is still room for goalies.
Registration for U13 players is full, but there is still room for goalies.
Registration for U15 players and goalies is full.
Please contact the Registrar by clicking here to get your name on the wait list.
- RETURNING Player registration opens May 31, 2020.
- NEW & TRANSFERRING (from boys/co-ed clubs) Player registration opens June 15, 2020. Registration for both player types will run through August 15, 2020 but will be subject to availability. This is first come, first serve and does NOT guarantee registration. Registrants within these groups may be placed on a wait list.
- RETURNING Player registrations received after July 31, 2020, will incur a late registration fee (see fee schedule below), and registration will be subject to availability.
- Registration for Players/Goalies wishing to try out for REP must be completed by the dates listed below for the respective player type & division:
- July 31, 2020 - RETURNING & TRANSFERRING Players/Goalies for U13 (Peewee), U15 (Bantam) & U18 (Midget)
- Aug 22, 2020 - NEIGHBOURING FEMALE ASSOC. Players/Goalies
- Aug 31, 2020 - U11 (Atom) Players/Goalies. The SFHA Executive may extend the deadline in-conjunction with the new Hockey Canada Atom Transition Guidelines.
- Registration does not guarantee Players/Goalies a spot on a team. While our common goal is to ensure that every registrant has a spot, if teams are full, registrants will be placed on a wait-list in the order their registration is complete.
- PLAYERS/GOALIES ARE NOT CONSIDERED REGISTERED UNTIL ALL PAYMENTS & DEPOSITS (Registration, Volunteer and Jersey Deposit) HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.
- More information regarding Evaluations, including schedule, FAQs and process are located here.
- Do not try to register through Hockey Canada's Online Registration system. See Registration Steps within the 'How To Register' section below.
Key Registration Dates
May 31, 2020
Early Registration for Returning Players
Registration opens for Returning Players with early pricing
June 14, 2020
Early Pricing for Returning Players Ends
Early registration pricing for Returning Players ends and midnight
June 15, 2020
Open for ALL Players
Registration for All players is open at regular pricing
June 30, 2020
Last Day for Flexible Payment Plan Option
Returning, New and Transferring registrations must be completed to be eligible for the flexible payment plan option.
July 31, 2020
Rep Deadline for Returning & Transferring Players
Players/Goalies wishing to try out for Rep in U13, U15 & U18 must have registered
Regular Pricing for Returning Players Ends
Returning Player/Goalie registrations received after today for U9, U11, U13, U15 & U18 will incur a late registration fee
August 1, 2020
Late Fees Begin for Returning Players/Goalies
Late Registration fees now apply for Returning Players/Goalies in U9, U11, U13, U15 & U18
August 15, 2020
Deadline for New & Transferring Players
Registration for New & Transferring Players/Goalies closes
Deposit Cheques Received by Registrar
A $250 volunteer cheque (dated February 1, 2021) and the $200 jersey deposit cheque (dated March 31, 2021) must be received by SFHA
2nd of 3 Payments Processed
For registrants that opted for the flexible payment plan option the first half of the remaining registration fee will be processed
August 22, 2020
Rep Deadline for Neighbouring Female Assoc.
Players/Goalies wishing to try out for Rep must have registered
August 31, 2020
Rep Deadline for U11 Players
U11 (Atom) Players/Goalies wishing to try out for Rep must have registered
September 15, 2020
3rd of 3 Payments Processed
For registrants that opted for the flexible payment plan option the second half of the remaining registration fee will be processed
Before contacting the Registrar, please ensure you have read in full the information outlined within this registration page. For specifics to the registration process, read the Registration Steps for the appropriate 'Player type' under the 'How To Register' section.
For further inquiries please email the Registrar (email@example.com)
(May 31-June 14)
(Opens June 15)
(After July 31)
|2015 / 2014||U7 (Initiation)||$445||$445||$445||N/A|
|2013 / 2012||U9 (Novice)||$495||$595||$695||N/A|
|2011 / 2010||U11 (Atom)||$690||$790||$890||$150|
|2009 / 2008||U13 (Peewee)||$765||$865||$965||$150|
|2007 / 2006||U15 (Bantam)||$790||$890||$990||$150|
|2005 / 2004 / 2003||U18 (Midget)||$790||$890||$990||$150|
|2002 / 2001 / 2000||U21 (Juvenile)||$355||$355||$355||N/A|
|(1) Additional 'Team' fees are not covered by the 'Registration' fee. Teams collect funds for each player to cover additional costs for tournaments, socks, wind-up party, trophies, etc. Deposits (i.e. post dated cheques) for volunteer hour requirements and jerseys are not covered by the Registration fee.
(2) Early and Late fees are only applicable for Returning Players.
(3) Rep tryouts are optional. If you declare your intent by registering to tryout, this fee is non-refundable. Rep carding fees are not included in this posting and are in addition to any fees listed on this page.
If registering a 3rd child within Surrey Female Hockey Association, registration for the youngest child will be given a 50% discount.
For 'Transferring Players', there is an additional $15 transfer fee charged by PCAHA, payable to Surrey Female Hockey Association.
Full time goalies at U11, U13, U15, U18 and U21 do not pay a registration fee but are subject to a $100 late fee if registering after July 31, excluding Juvenile goalies. Full time goalies are expected to pay 'Team' fees(1).
Note: payment dates and pricing may be adjusted according to the most current status provided by BC Hockey and/or other circumstances resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. This could include a registration surcharge that would be in addition to existing fees. Refunds, if applicable will be subject to a $15 administration fee should there not be a season.
PLAYERS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE ICE UNTIL ALL PAYMENTS, DEPOSITS (including volunteer and jersey deposits) AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED, PROCESSED, AND WHEN APPLICABLE, LEAGUE APPROVALS HAVE BEEN OBTAINED. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Returning, New and Transferring registrations completed on or before June 30, 2020, are eligible for a flexible payment plan. There is no additional cost for choosing this option. If selected, registrants will make an initial (1st) payment of $50 due at the time of registration. The remaining registration fee will be spread over two equal payments; the next (2nd) payment is due Aug. 15,2020, and the final (3rd) payment is due Sept. 15,2020.
Additional Payment Information
Delivery of all payments, the $250 volunteer cheque (dated February 1, 2021) and the $200 jersey deposit cheque (dated March 31, 2021) must be received by SFHA by August 15, 2020.
Mail registration payments and volunteer/jersey deposit cheques to:
Surrey Female Hockey Association
PO Box 34254
Clover Square Village
How To Register
Each 'Player type' has a different set of requirements and steps. Click the appropriate 'Player type' from the list below for instructions on how to register.